Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you ever tripped on a stray baling twine?
- Dropped a whole bucket of feed because you can’t get a gate open before animals crowd around you?
- Couldn’t find your way in the dark to check on an animal at night?
- Had to use baling twine, duct tape or (gasp) a bungee cord to fix a fence or gate (and then just never bothered to revisit the problem)?
- Used a wood palette or boards to wade over rivers of muddy water?
- Cursed every time you had to lift up a gate to get it opened or closed?
- Used buckets or cement blocks to keep doors open that swing shut otherwise?
- Do you dread mud season?
- Do you hate going to the barn because you know it needs to be cleaned?
- Do you throw your manure and soiled bedding right outside the barn door so that the whole barn now smells and is full of flies?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, I guarantee that hoofprints can help you.